You know, I was trying to be proactive about maintaining my health living abroad. I made sure I went to all the expected doctors before leaving the U.S. and even visited the dentist office three times before I left. the first time was for a deep cleaning, I went back for a fill extraction and replacement and then again for a follow up cleaning treatment to determine a method of prevention for the next year. I was instructed to floss daily, brush twice a day in addition to other methods of prevention she laid on my plate.

I looked online and spoke with 2nd year LTs and they gave me the name of a reputable gentlemen who was in fact very gentle. He was extremely curteous and did only what I asked him to do. Usually on a first time visit you have to have x-rays, this and that, however, he said I understand that expats are here for one purpose: to get the job done. He was sure to express that he knew I had a dentist back home and didn't want to bombard me with the indisecrencies of the dentist office. I was in and out in under an hour and only had to pay $27 US dollars. Dental work is a bit more expensive here. Free for the Emirates, but my co-pay was 20% of the total cost. And even that was a discount. But I had a very good experience and would recommend/go back to him for any additional services!
(He is located at the Al Madina Medical Center which is the first right after the bridge by Khalifa University. The Medical Center is across from the Al Jazeera practice field next to Pistache!)
So, here I am...7,000 miles away from my trust dental docs, flossing daily, brushing twice a day, polishing and even scrapping...and do you know I bite into a hot dog! and my filling chips and disappears! I'm sure I swallowed it! I didn't even notice it, until later when I went to eat ice cream and I felt this extreme sensitivity to cold! Luckily, the entire filling hadn't fallen out. It was fractured and my nerves weren't exposed.

I looked online and spoke with 2nd year LTs and they gave me the name of a reputable gentlemen who was in fact very gentle. He was extremely curteous and did only what I asked him to do. Usually on a first time visit you have to have x-rays, this and that, however, he said I understand that expats are here for one purpose: to get the job done. He was sure to express that he knew I had a dentist back home and didn't want to bombard me with the indisecrencies of the dentist office. I was in and out in under an hour and only had to pay $27 US dollars. Dental work is a bit more expensive here. Free for the Emirates, but my co-pay was 20% of the total cost. And even that was a discount. But I had a very good experience and would recommend/go back to him for any additional services! (He is located at the Al Madina Medical Center which is the first right after the bridge by Khalifa University. The Medical Center is across from the Al Jazeera practice field next to Pistache!)
No comments:
Post a Comment