The biggest question I've had so far: "How is the heat?" To be quite honest, its about the same as it is in Florida or Georgia and parts of Louisianna. And although at times the humidity can top 100%, as it has the last and will continue for the next couple of days, I don't feel as if I need to shower constantly. In Florida, I felt clammy and sticky, here we've described it as opening an oven door or grilling over an open flame! HA! Additionally, the temperature inside every building is well below 70 degrees. This is an adjustment as going from hot to cold climate can cause you to become sick. Insha'Allah - my multi-vitamins will see that I am fit!
On to the hotel..after a 15 minutes bus ride, we arrived at thee Yas Hotel. It is absolutely gorgeous and many of the other LTs (including myself) are totally floored that they saw it not robbery to house us in such lavish acccomodations. As soon as we walked over the threshold we were welcomed by several attendants willing to help and be of assistance in anyway they could. To explain it further, I felt like I was the Queen of England. they were lined up and eager to say hello!! They took our bags directly to our rooms, provided us with a glass of juice and a cold towel to cool down from the heat. We picked up our room keys and were quickly wisked off to our temporary housing. My jaw literally dropped when I walked through the door, all this for lil ole me!! I finally feel appreciated for being a teacher!
 |
| Quite blurry, I know. My camera has been having a fit lately! Gotta figure out settings...again.. |
 |
| There are flowers throughout the hotel...REAL FLOWERS!! |
 |
| Keys to my room. Notice my name is TYPED on the envelope. Then envelop is a pearly irridescent paper. |
 |
| Bathroom: Square seats and bidet toilet. Not really sure what to do with it? |
 |
| Steam shower with rainfall shower head |
 |
| Extra deep tub, it's like having a mini-spa in the room! |
 |
| Gorgeous bathroom vanity. The lighting makes me a look a bit different, but, oh well! |
 |
| My room has two beds, other rooms have kings. I just sleep on one bed! |
 |
| I did push the beds together to save space, they moved them back.. |
 |
| Seating area for up to four people. All the seat are extremly low! |
 |
| The circular lighting above the seating area, different. |
Those are my diggs for the next couple of weeks. According to the Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC, pronounced ad-deck) we will only be in these arrangements for 15 days, however, some teachers have inquired and our reservations is made for 28 days. As they find out our arrangements, so will we. To be honest, I wouldn't mind living in a hotel until the 28th day! Free room service, free water bottles, free wifi, someone to make up my bed, but the cost of living is high!! There's no kitchen, no sink, and so I've spent a bulk of my money on food. But hey, you only live once! Eat up!!
K'Asha
No comments:
Post a Comment